This prayer guide is an aid to help as we pray together as a church. We encourage you to use it in your prayer times. You can download a printable version of this prayer guide here.
Look up: Prayer of Adoration and Praise
3 Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous works among all the peoples!
4 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
He is to be feared above all gods.
Psa 96:3-4 (ESV)
- Bless the Lord for His forgiveness and unchanging nature.
- Thank God for His unchanging character: faithfulness, goodness, and lovingkindness
- Thank the Lord for His mercy which endures forever
- Praise the Lord for truth and light through the word of God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit
- Praise the Lord for His justice and righteousness
- Praise the Lord who is the Almighty, Most High God who spoke and all things came into existence
Look Within: Individually and Corporately
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me and lead me in the way everlasting!
Psa 139:23-24 (ESV)
- Alert me oh Lord of any pattern of sin in me that needs to be dealt with before you.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:7-9 (ESV)
- Oh Lord, search me and make aware of any unforgiveness, critical or condemning attitudes that are offensive to you and hurtful to those around me especially in my church the body of Christ.
Look Outward: Prayer for the Ministries of Our Church and Spiritual Awakening of Our Community
11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds, and teachers
12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.
Eph 4:11-12 (ESV)
Spiritual Awakening of Our Community
8 ...this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God, who created all things, 10 so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eph 3:8-11 (ESV)
- Pray the Lord will show us ways to make the saving Gospel message more available to the communities that He given us to serve.
- Pray the Holy Spirit will take our words to bring the convictions of sin and the convincing of forgiveness in the completed work of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection.
- Lift up in prayer someone you know who needs to repent to put their faith in Jesus as their Savior.